Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fury at Brown Once Again

Within the Daily Express today, one of the main stories is of 6 soldiers who have died whilst defending our country in Afganistan. These soldiers were not killed whilst fighting though, they were killed by an Afganistan within a secure checkpoint. I cannot even begin to say I can understand how the families of these soldiers are feeling because I've never experienced anything like it. However I know what it feels like to lose a family member and even then I was distraught. So I am thinking of these families, but I have no idea what they're going through.

Whilst reading this story I have found out that Gordon Brown has lost a child himself. He has handwritten a letter of condolence to every family who has lost someone to the war in Afganistan. The mother of a soldier received a letter from Gordon Brown, but was outraged by it.

Due to loss of sight in one eye and deteriorating sight in the other, Brown is unable to fully form the words whilst writing. The mother of the soldier has said that Gordon Brown made numerous spelling mistakes. But this has led to people being angry at Brown for his spelling, when personally I think this is irrelevant at this time. At least he has taken the time to hand write letters to all the families who have suffered a loss, when could of asked someone else to do it and signed at the bottom. I think this has been blown out of proportion and was done simply done to show sympathy to her family.

1 comment:

  1. Very fair minded about Brown. Consistently good law notes...

    ReplyDelete